Mouth is much more than teeth and gums.
Everything that happens in it is captured by its main nerve, the trigeminal nerve. And through it all the functions of the other cranial nerves functions are integrated into the brain: breathing, chewing, swallowing, senses (smell, taste, hearing, balance, sight and touch), function of the internal organs and even the transmission of pain. These connections are made -through the trunk of the brain- in the reticular system where the sensitive nuclei of cranial nerves are all related.
A decoordination among mouth’s functions can cause a bad function of the trigeminal nerve and all that is related with it affecting all the body. The most common oral dysfunctions are:
Unilateral chewing causes overload on one side of the dental arches, head and body, and the consequent compensation in the other side. On the other hand, day or night oral breathing will cause poor internal organs oxygenation and irritation of tissues.
These two dysfunctions will give rise to lot of signs and symptoms:
- OROFACIAL PAIN: neuralgia, headaches (migraines and tensionalheadaches), TMJ pain
- CHRONIC PAIN:
- cervical and other joints pain (shoulder, back, spine, hips, etc.)
- chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia
- EAR: dizziness, vertigo, tinnitus and hearing disorders
- BODY POSTURE ALTERATION: scoliosis
- SLEEP DISORDERS: insomnia, snoring, apnea, bruxism, nicturia, enuresis
- CARDIO AND BREATHING ISSUES: arterial hypertension, rhinitis, sinusitis, otitis, tonsillary hypertrophy,
- RENAL AND DIGESTIVE PROBLEMS: acidity, GERD, gastritis, ulcer, hiatal hernia, irritable colon
- BEHAVIORAL DISORDERS: attention and hyperactivity deficiency and lack of concentration or memory
- ALLERGIES: respiratory allergies, multiple chemical sensitivity
- SPORTS: recurrent sports injuries
- PSYCHOLOGICAL: anxiety and anguish
Through the Human Body Tocal Care (HBTC) protocol, we can act early in young children, but also in adults regaining the functionality of chewing and nasal breathing by balancing all parts of the body.
The protocol consists in performing masticatory-breathing exercises and a device called Functional Regulator (RFA in Spanish) that maintains the temporomandibular joints (TMJ) well positioned with no compression while improving proprioception, balancing the sthomatognatic system and all the neuromuscular system.
When stabilizing the TMJ and balancing the neuromuscular system, together with the improvement of oxygenation, run the correct interactions between the nerve centers of the cranial nerves at the base of the brain, the reticular formation, the limbic system and hypothalamus
By this way, the symptoms that patient has will gradually dissapear during the 6 months that the protocol lasts, not depending on multiple medications.
If you have any of the exposed symptoms, do not hesitate to book an appointment at SALUT DENTAL BARCELONA by clicking here.
You can learn more about the HBTC-RFA protocol at the following link: http://www.wilsonaragao.com.br/site/en/home/